jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

If you had to list your top three exercises to prescribe, what would you prescri

1. Easy Exercise profile image85
    Easy Exerciseposted 3 years ago

If you had to list your top three exercises to prescribe, what would you prescribe?

The world of exercise is exciting. The number of health clubs is only dwarfed by the number of exercises and yet if you had to choose only three exercises, what would be the three most important?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Important for me? Lifting heavy, running and yoga.  Important in general - walking, swimming and yoga because most people can do them, even with injuries, health problems and issues that come from obesity or having been sedentary for a long time.  Walking and swimming are easy on the joints and anyone can start there and build up.  Yoga can be as simple or hard as one chooses to make it - and it's so relaxing and improves flexibility and overall strength smile.

3. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

For me:
    # walking - on the flat and down and up slopes!Soul exercise.
    # stretching/twisting - simple bend at the waist and reach down to the toes and variations on this theme!
    # swimming - enjoyable and great for the lungs and heart.

That's it in a nutshell.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

Bicycling, walking, resistance training and anything you can work into your daily routine.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I would answer this by saying walking, tai chi, and pilates.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image81
      tirelesstravelerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I forgot pilates,  I vote for pilates too.

6. tsadjatko profile image56
    tsadjatkoposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9013998_f260.jpg

First, I get out of bed in the morning & run ten times around the block. Then I push the block back under the bed & sleep 'till noon.

Second, I start outside the house with a five pound potato sack in each hand extending my arms straight out to my sides holding them there as long as I can. After a few  weeks I move up to ten pound sacks, then   fifty pound sacks & finally I get to where I can lift 100 pound sacks in each hand & hold my arms straight out for more than a full minute. 

Third, I start over putting a few potatoes in the sacks.

7. profile image61
    truparad0xposted 3 years ago

Pushups, pullups, running. Tackles upper body and lower body.

8. My Bell profile image97
    My Bellposted 3 years ago

Spin class (or cycling), strength training, and yoga!

working