jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is chicken soup good for when you're sick?

1. nmdonders profile image85
    nmdondersposted 3 years ago

Why is chicken soup good for when you're sick?

2. Bubblegum Jones profile image61
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

For some reason chicken soup is just good for you when you're sick.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think it's because it's filled with the necessary nutrients we need and seems to be easier to tolerate so it stays down easier than other soups. If we keep the vitamins and minerals inside long enough to be absorbed, they help us fight off the illness. Or so I've been told.

4. artist101 profile image68
    artist101posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9044337_f260.jpg

It is actually an anti viral, as you sip the soup it actually kills the virus in your throat. (cold and flus are viral in nature) The best is those soups made from stock. Meaning, boiling the bones, and flesh with vegetables, and garlic, clove is best. A very powerful concoction, all have anti viral properties. The bones contain trace minerals (which is where the minerals are stored in the body) Garlic kills every known pathogen in illness. Pretty cool. Better to make from scratch, but canned will do, not as effective as home made. Throw in some sage, and thyme, anti spasmodic, and will help with a cough. Codeine is still THE best cough suppressant, the only downfall is its addictive nature, and why it is a controlled substance. Promethazine (phenergan) is still the most prescribed cough suppressant for pneumonia, and bronchitis. Dispensed very often when I was in the pharmacy. Over the counter, mucinex, is the strongest, derived from robitussin (old school pharmacy) but 4 times stronger. Drink alot a water so the meds can work for you, use breathing treatments, to get your body to cough up the mucus, it actually thins it and makes it easier to dispell. Dont take anti histamines if you have a cough, it will only keep the mucus in and make it thicker, the result? Usually bronchitis, and pneumonia. Kinda a catch twenty two, most "cold" meds contain anti histamines, only makes it worse. Be ready, you'll be coughing up some stuff you don't wanna see, but very effective. I kinda got off the subject, but hope it helps to answer your question. I tend to ramble, sorry. smile
    for other anti viral, anti biotic herbs http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Is-it … or-allergy

working