jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What causes some people to argue for the sake of arguing ?

1. Penny G profile image74
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

What causes some people to argue for the sake of arguing ?

Has anyone heard of a mental disorder that causes people to argue even though they have been proven wrong or know they are wrong, just for the sake of arguing.

2. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

Yes I know what you mean smile I believe there are 3 reasons why people do this. Firstly, these people have control issues and cannot tolerate a defeat in a debate. Secondly, why do they start the argument in the first place? They like being in the spotlight, with everyone's attention focused on them. Publicity is important to them, doesn't matter whether positive or negative. Thirdly, there are those people who get immense pleasure in ticking off people around them by making a controversial statement or a snide remark. They love triggering conflicts. This category is just a sadist.

1. Penny G profile image74
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh, you really just opened my eyes. THe third one is exactly what I deal with on a daily basis! Oh would you mind on the next occasion I bring this third category to their attention. I have tried to figure out what the heck they were thinking

2. profile image0
      temptor94posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sure, I would be glad when you bring the third category to people's notice smile I'm all in favor of exposing the sadists and the egotists.

working