jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you use exercise to control your moods?

1. Danette Watt profile image85
    Danette Wattposted 3 years ago

Do you use exercise to control your moods?

2. vrbmft profile image81
    vrbmftposted 3 years ago

technically speaking, one does not control his or her moods. Typically they are very spontaneous. Our mood tells us a lot about our needs, whether or not our needs are getting met, or better, whether or not we are meeting  our needs.  and yes, when I am feeling stressed or depressed, I walk 4 to 6 miles. To prevent getting over stress or depressed, I walk 4 to 6 miles about 5 times a week.

1. profile image0
      Daveadamposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I always wondered why people bothered going on long walks, until i started doing it myself....They clear the mind, & open doorways....I go everyday now, & it has become quite addictive. :-)

3. Junior90 profile image60
    Junior90posted 3 years ago

Sometimes, bt there is alot of things people do to reduce stress/anxiety all that medical problems, i reckon walking, watch movie,music, dancing etc.

4. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

Exercise makes me feel good. I use it to reduce stress and boredom. It is one of the ways I use to control my mood. I also control my breathing and my thoughts. Controlling my breathing, my thoughts and my actions allows me to feel the way I want to feel.

I like to feel relaxed and happy. Exercising regularly helps with that.

5. radhapriestess profile image63
    radhapriestessposted 3 years ago

I exercise every day walking around and I do go out especially when I get depressed. It does help.

6. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 3 years ago

Exercise helps to get you fit which will make you feel good, & it will help tyre you out so your not laid there thinking about stuff all night....Moods are only spontaneous, because most people don't learn how to control their emotions & feelings properly....So if you learn emotions & feelings control practice, & mindful meditation practice over a good few months....You will eventually be immune to moods, & negative thinking, & unwanted negative emotions or feelings. :-)

working