jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What is your favorite way to "cozy-in" on your hunker down days?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

What is your favorite way to "cozy-in" on your hunker down days?

When it is really cold outside, I have no plans to go anywhere, and expect no visitors, I hunker down and cozy-in.  After a hot shower, I put on a fresh pair of pajamas or a sweat shirt and pants, slippers and an over sized warm robe. Then I just hang out and get lazy or reflect on important things in my life, or write a poem ....

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

I do the same but sit up in bed with my laptop and check out HP stories or rerun TV shows or maybe a Netflix movie with a cup of hot chocolate. If it is very cold I may start a pot of soup simmering for the next day!

Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is a good way to spend the day, Jackie. Hmmm ... a pot of soup sounds good. I may do that.

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12116393_f260.jpg

Well after a nice brisk walk with my two cheap personal trainers of caniness; I bring in firewood from our backyard stack and stoke our fireplace with oak and a wee-bit of pine. Now I and hopefully my better-half cozy up in our fireside couch and discuss topics from A to Z...Of course, I try to rather immaturely and if I may add quite unsuccessfully focus on the backwards Z.

That sounds very nice.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I turn on the electric heaters, put on extra clothes with my knit cap and neck warmer and keep active. I go about my usual daily routine. I turn up the heat if it gets to cold (like the teens or twenties). Since I keep it at 68 (to lower my bill), a couple of degrees higher for a day or two is okay.

Yep ! Gotta keep warm. Staying active helps.

5. purl3agony profile image96
    purl3agonyposted 3 years ago

If I'm reading a really good book, I love to curl up under a warm blanket on  the couch with a cup of hot tea and read all day.  Or if my book doesn't hold my interest, I love to watch old movies - anything with Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart smile

Great question!!

OMGosh !  Put a movie on with Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart and I am cozy for the day. Thanks purl3agony.

6. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

A good book or a movie seem to mix well with a stay home and keep warm kind of day.

You are spot on, Diana. Thanks.

7. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Phyllis....Sounds to me like you and I are on the same page....totally.  We must subscribe to the same book on "cozying in"....and "hunkering down."
    Actually, I'm PRE-planning a day like this for tomorrow.....sub zero temps.
    Not a single thing could get me out of this house!!   A big fluffy blanket, good book, cup of tea and fireplace....here I come!

I can't think of a better way to hunker down and cozy in. During the winter I have all my big fluffy blankets out and love to snuggle in them as I read. That is a good "book", Paula. LOL

Closed to reply

working