jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)

What’s your favorite indoor Cold Weather Activity?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image85
    Jacqueline4390posted 3 years ago

What’s your favorite indoor Cold Weather Activity?

With all the subzero temperatures and people being home-bound; things may become a little crazy at times. Heaven forbid that there should be a power outage and you without a backup generator!

If you’ve got plenty of food in the fridge (if NOT shame on you) and a cozy fireplace or proper heating—what’s your favorite indoor cold weather activity?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12220278_f260.jpg

2. iskhoso profile image61
    iskhosoposted 3 years ago

Hi  Jacqueline4390,

Well you have created something difficult situation by analyzing such situations. If I would be in such situation, I would like to spend more and more time in such activities which keep me warm like settle myself close to fireplace and also shift my dining activities near to that fireplace.

Jacqueline4390posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hey iskhoso ... in view of the fact that I am freezing my tootsies in the house and I live in the South; I just wondered what others do when its really cold! I'm banging away on this computer right now :-)

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

Lol!  I remember when we had subzero back in January our furnace stopped working.  Luckily we had a small heater so the temp in the house got to the 50s-so the furnace probably had stopped running a few hours before.  Luckily he was able to get a hold of a person our neighbor knew and fixed the problem.  It was a plugged nozzle-which goes to show if you have an oil furnace it is best to do maintenance on it once a year before the cold starts.  Still even with the furnace fixed it took a while to get the chill out of my bones.  So I crawled into bed under warm covers with a good book.  So reading in one of my favorite activities-even if the furnace does not break as well as watching movies on my kindle and drinking tons of coffee and tea,

I like your answer!

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
      LoisRyan13903posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

4. Kristen Howe profile image91
    Kristen Howeposted 3 years ago

Reading, drinking hot drinks, watching TV and staying warm.

Way to go!

5. Tamirogers profile image77
    Tamirogersposted 3 years ago

Unfortunately--I tend to eat a lot more when it's cold outside. Probably because I'm busy making all those high calorie comfort foods like Mac and Cheese and lots of chocolate desserts!

1. Marina7 profile image80
      Marina7posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Try to eat a very nutritious meal and make it a salad with green leaf lettuce. I read that if the body gets more nutrition then you won't eat so much. I hope it helps.

6. Marina7 profile image80
    Marina7posted 3 years ago

Working online on my blogs or reading my daily Bible verse in my Days of Praise booklet and meditating on that. But I have such little time because even if I am inside I have work to do all day long around the house and on the computer.

When the weather is harsh ... it takes away our excuses for procrastination!

2. Marina7 profile image80
      Marina7posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes

7. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Curling up with my dogs, and binge-watching some Netflix. Strangely, this is the dogs' favorite activity no matter what the thermometer says...

It's great when you can spend some quality time with your best buddy!

8. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Unfortunately I'm in the process of moving during this weather, which has made everything twice as long and twice as difficult. But, normally, my favorite activity would be sitting down with a hot cup of coffee/tea and watching netflix with my wife.

Good luck with the moving ... watch out for hidden ice spots!

9. word55 profile image73
    word55posted 3 years ago

Cuddling and Smooching with someone special to keep warmer.

10. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

we don't have winter in malaysia but raining days, we usually have a cup of warm  beverage or soup would warm us up, brown is my color

No winter ... how nice ... but rain ... oh well!

11. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12222516_f260.jpg

For John it is playing ice hockey at our local arena.

Now that looks like a bit of fun!

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is indeed...

working