jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What/who inspires you to become a better person?

1. shekatie profile image80
    shekatieposted 3 years ago

What/who inspires you to become a better person?

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

my dad, he is always very kind in words, encourages me when I am down and felt useless.

3. connorj profile image78
    connorjposted 3 years ago

In the beginning it was my parents and big brother, well actually for my first 25 years. Then it continued with my mother (now a widow), to a much lesser extent, my brother, more significantly from the one I love and most puzzling from within.
    When I became a dad at age 30 suddenly my inspiration came from even more individuals namely our child. At 32 I was a "fadder" of two and at 34 a "fadder" of three; thus, inspiration was now emanating from even more individuals. Yet it was still deriving from within; thus, it was not just from loved ones it was also from within me and it did seem a wee bit more powerful relatively speaking (now). Was I possessed?
    No I wasn't possessed, I believe it was that peculiar and most ambiguous force called unselfishness that was significantly growing as my sphere of influence was indeed manifesting and as I internalized the unselfishness of "me fadder, mudder..." Thus one could argue this early and formative influence was continuing within me even after my parents had passed on. Is it defying death? I think so! One could also argue that it simply transferred from my parents to me. Oh my God, could that be it? I must enable it to continue downstream. It must transfer to our children and grandchildren! I have work to do...

4. monic-alang profile image80
    monic-alangposted 3 years ago

My family my friends everyone is very positive in my life they always encourage me in difficult and hard situations and make me belief that i am the woman who can do everything smile

5. TishJackson profile image61
    TishJacksonposted 3 years ago

My children most definitely are my motivators.  They have made me who I am today and continue to give me the strength to move forward and never give up.  I live for my children and could not have ask for a better source of inspiration.

6. Exotic_Kitten profile image46
    Exotic_Kittenposted 3 years ago

My Family & Friends encourage me to be a better person. I've come a long ways since I've met my In Laws, I've changed greatly in the seven years I've been down here with my new family smile