jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Are there just days when you really don't feel like going anywhere at all but pr

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Are there just days when you really don't feel like going anywhere at all but prefer to be

comfortably ensconced in one's beautiful home?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12395564_f260.jpg

2. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

Every day! Bob and I have become hermits. We have our land, our home, our surveillance system and our wonderful fur babies. I am to the point where I never even want to go to the grocery store. WHY do people like to go "shopping". What a bore.
    If only that doughnut shop was a wee bit closer!

1. profile image0
      TheBizWhizposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Is "Super Red" new? I just noticed that.

2. Austinstar profile image87
      Austinstarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Super red was my old CB radio handle :-)

3. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 2 years ago

I agree with Austinstar. I have also become a hermit. I don't even like to be around people except my family. My wife says we live in our own little "cocoon". I have pretty much everything I need to enjoy, so I don't have to get out much for entertainment, but groceries and the hardware store are still a necessary evil. I am waiting for Amazon to open up a home grocery delivery since no one near me does it!

I lived in NYC for 3 years and started to have heart palpitations so bad that I finally had to go to the doctor. After 2 weeks of carrying around a heart monitor, they realized I pushed the button at 3:00 everyday, which was the time right before I got on the subway.

I miss having everything at my fingertips but I do not miss navigating my way through the hoards of people walking down the sidewalk! The bad thing is that now I have to drive wherever I am going, which is almost as bad as being around people.

4. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 2 years ago

Yes I do have days like that. I can't stand crowds of people and loud noise. I went to a local town Festival last weekend and couldn't wait to get out of there. I spend my free time hiking in the mountains where it is quiet, the air is fresh, and no people (except my hiking group).  I especially can't stand traffic and sharing the road with other cars, especially since most people in my town drive to fast and are rude and tailgate.  I wish I could get some land and live in the country but that will not happen any time soon. In the meantime I drive super early to get to work and hike the mountains on the weekends. I would prefer an uncrowded little town in the mountains.

working