jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Why is it hard for people to lose weight?

1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years ago

Why is it hard for people to lose weight?

2. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

Some people are genetically programmed to store weight as fat. It is controlled by the hormones our body produces. People with a pre-programmed fat storing system will never be able to lose and keep weight off. The best you can do is try to eat healthy and exercise regularly. These are the only two things that help.
    The advantage to having an efficient fat storing system is that, should food shortages occur, we will outlive the "skinny" people!

3. Akriti Mattu profile image79
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

Lack of motivation
    Laziness
    Awful eating habits
    Less or no physical activity
    Depression
    Alcohol consumption

Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your statement! Thanks for answering

4. Larry Fields profile image80
    Larry Fieldsposted 2 years ago

That's a good question. It's also a tough question. Here's a small part of the answer.

As we age, production of Human Growth Hormone falls off. HGH  is an unfortunate name, because it's relevant to grown-ups, as well as growing children. HGH promotes lean muscle mass and fat loss. How can we put this understanding to use?

Serious strength training can trigger Growth Hormone release. I choose to do upper leg work.

I have been moderately overweight -- but within the healthful range -- for most of my adult life. Now Iam slightly leaner than I was 30 years ago. And by some measures, I'm a senior citizen.

Yes. Regular, moderate aerobic exercise is healthful. But in terms of Growth Hormone release, it does not even begin to cut the mustard.

Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great answer Larry. I'm 23 years old, and I'm trying my best to eat and stay healthy as much as possible. Thanks for answering

5. janmodric profile image84
    janmodricposted 2 years ago

For many people, eating to much is the way to fill an emotional emptiness or cover certain life problems. When they start to eat less, their emotional problems can surface and here is where losing weigh can become hard.

working