jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you keep the little things from bothering you?

1. Kara Skinner profile image86
    Kara Skinnerposted 2 years ago

How do you keep the little things from bothering you?

I've been trying to keep remarks that I don't agree with from getting to me and causing conflict with certain people. It's not worth the energy to let things escalate, but sometimes the little things just fester and I want to know if I can really keep them from bothering me.

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

usually when little things bother me its usually something bigger that  bothering me.

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

try eating ice cream and you will feel better. Take those remarks as a stupid complains from a three year old kid

4. ahorseback profile image59
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

You have to remember  ".Don't  let the little things bother you " , and then remember  -- " All things in life are little things "!   

I heard that once long ago .

5. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

The 'little things' when not addressed from the beginning will become big and will be bothering you even more. I think even little things you have to take action or sort it out before it becomes big and you can't handle it.

I think remarks even though it is little and if it causes conflict then you have to do something about it and just don't let them get away with it. I would be polite and firm but I will have to say something rather than just let it annoy me.

6. profile image56
    Flymetothemoonposted 2 years ago

Take a breath and ask yourself "Why am I letting this bother me?" If it's not worth your time why dwell on it? Just focus yourself on something positive and steer away from the things that cause problems if your life. If it's people being rude or irritable, remember that you don't know what the person might be experiencing in their life to make them act or speak a certain way. Maybe they're just stressed out or something is going on at home, but don't let it affect you. The best thing to do is brush it off, because if they can't hurt you eventually they'll give up.