jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Could you train yourself to -easily-wake up an hour earlier?

1. MarieLB profile image82
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Could you train yourself to -easily-wake up an hour earlier?

Just imagine how much you can achieve with an extra hour daily, so long as you can be productive, of course.
    Could you train yourself to do that, and how difficult would you find it?  How long will it take you to be able to wake up that hour earlier - easily?  To wake up and be alert and ready to work?  If you can do it, will you explain how?

2. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 2 years ago

I use to be a night owl staying up all night and sleeping in. But now I'm in bed around 10-11 and up around 6. It's been a great experience for me personally.

MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing Kevin Goodwin.  I could have given the very same answer give or take  a few minutes.  I find it hard to go past midnight now! HaHa

2. Venkatachari M profile image43
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I go to bed by 11 pm or 11:20 pm and wake up daily at 5:45 am.

3. BigBlue54 profile image59
    BigBlue54posted 2 years ago

I find that if I have to get up at a set time then after about a week I will automatically wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off.

But as I am self employed and work from home I do not need to be up to early in the morning as there is no commuting to do. And as a night owl I am just as happy working well into the evening if need be.

Lucky you BigBlue54, that you can manage so well.  I find that if I have to change my sleeping /waking time, it is hard.  Thanks for sharing.  It all helps to give us a yardstick to work with!

4. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

It's not always easy to change my sleep pattern but with some minor changes such as gradually getting up 15 minutes earlier for a week or two, I have managed to accomplish this.

Stacie L, You sound like a well organised person to me.  Make a plan, stick to it, and it works!  Great style.  Thank you.

5. Venkatachari M profile image43
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

I set my alarm at 5:45 am and nowadays able to get up a bit early than the alarm rings. Practice makes you setup your habits. You set the alarm and practice for some period and you will form the habit. On some occasions I can get up at 5 am also with the help of alarm which rings at a very low volume in my mobile.

Thank you for sharing V M.  I fear I am well behind in determination, but I shall practice!

Closed to reply

working