jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Which PEOPLE are THE HAPPIEST and why?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Which PEOPLE are THE HAPPIEST and why?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8384921_f260.jpg

2. Shivani Gala profile image82
    Shivani Galaposted 2 years ago

The ones who don't take their own and other's opinions seriously.

Because they have no expectation in terms way the things should be and hence, they accommodate situation no matter how life takes turn.

It can be annoying to be around them, at least in the beginning. However, as the time passes one realises we worry too much about too many things  which hold no value in out life at all.

3. Sakshi Davessar profile image68
    Sakshi Davessarposted 2 years ago

I think those who are actually connected with the people around ( Family, parents, friends etc) because you can never be happy without the persons that contribute towards your well being and who actually make up your life. You can live alone for one or two days and possibly be happy but you cannot spend the entire life in loneliness.

'A life spent for others is worth living than a life spent selfishly.'

And this will eventually make you happy i.e. living for others and staying connected with them.

4. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

Those who follow their dreams, ambitions, and keep a low level of stress are generally the happiest.

I learned recently that working 10 hour days in a job that stressed me out was not worth the high pay. Instead I chose to follow my dreams, work from home, and do what I love doing. I wake up when I want, eat and sleep when I want, and work when I want.

Although I took a huge pay cut, I am a much, much happier person.

1. Happylovejoy profile image97
      Happylovejoyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I changed job two years ago for a much less stressful one and although I'm not so lucky like you to find one where I can work from home & have more freedom, I am also a much happier person! smile

5. Billie Kelpin profile image89
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

There is research that seems to indicate that the happiest people actually lie to themselves.  We carry two contradictory beliefs, but we let in only one. Radiolab has a piece about this http://www.radiolab.org/story/91618-lying-to-ourselves/  Very Fascinating.  People who deny certain facts about the world around them....turn out to be happier people."  (I'm in big trouble smile

6. Morgan Anthony profile image72
    Morgan Anthonyposted 2 years ago

Those who live their lives true to their hearts, who don't care about what anyone else thinks.

I believe these are the people who are the happiest because their lives are a true reflection of who they are, and what they want.

7. ValKaras profile image86
    ValKarasposted 2 years ago

People mostly confuse happiness with satisfaction. Satisfaction is about favourable, pleasant, pampering, or exciting circumstances. Happiness is coming from within, it's that warm feeling that life is good, and we are good. Happiness does not depend on the circumstances. And, contrary to so many songs, no one can "make us happy". What comes from others may be taken away from us, and happiness always stays with us. It's like a biological fact  -  we breathe for ourselves, eat for ourselves, and we generate happiness from within ourselves. Happiness is loving.

A happy person may be dissatisfied with a flat tire on the road, or satisfied with a promotion. but that has nothing to do with his deep, spiritual relating to himself and his life  -  which spells his happiness.

On the other hand, an unhappy person may find excitement in sex, possessions, gambling, play, shopping, or other circumstances, but that won't make him any happier. That's why some celebrities, with every reason in the world to be satisfied, still commit suicide or otherwise ruin their lives  - because of that spiritual emptiness, meaning lack of happiness.
    You may go to a third world country and find some incredibly happy folks, loving who they are, loving their life, feeling playful, relaxed, friendly.

working