jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

In large/very large families(6 & more children per household), why are youngest

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

In large/very large families(6 & more children per household), why are youngest children ALWAYS

treated the........VERY BEST, even EXTREMELY PREFERENTIALLY by parents?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12758471_f260.jpg

2. word55 profile image72
    word55posted 2 years ago

That is not always true. I was the 5th of 6. We were treated according to our characters and personalities. However, I didn't care much for the hand-me-downs though...

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

HA, you made me laugh! Wonderful answer by the way!

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12048169_f260.jpg

Hell, youngest children in large/very large families have IT MADE IN THE SHADE.  One can aptly state that youngest children are in BIRTH ORDER HEAVEN!  They are pampered if not by parents then by older siblings.  They receive the lion's share of parental attention & time.  They have opportunities that their older siblings DON'T & WON'T have.  They are the ones who will have tertiary & other advanced forms of education while their older siblings had to curtail their education to supplement family income.  They also WON'T have the responsibilities that their older siblings had at similar ages.   They are the total recipient in the family scenario.  They never have to exert themselves because EVERYTHING will be done for them, either by their parents or their siblings. 

Youngest children in large/very large families WON'T EVER be discarded, dismissed, & disposed like older siblings, particularly the oldest sibling, were before them.  They are the precious babies, the jewels, the gods/goddesses, the emperor/empresses of the family.  Because of their esteemed status, they can get away w/things that their older siblings would be nearly crucified for.   In the typical large/very large family, youngest children can do NO WRONG at all.  Oh no, how can THEY do wrong, they are babies & know NO BETTER! 

Youngest children in large/very large families are treated as KINGS/QUEENS while oldest children in large/very large families are treated as DRUDGES, even SLAVES.   One can say that youngest children in large/very large families are treated the MOST PREFERENTIALLY of all large/very large family birth orders.  They are indeed lucky.  They have the longest, unencumbered childhoods, & not a worry in the world.  They oftentimes don't have to do chores like their older siblings have to do at similar ages.  They are overly pampered, even indulged by their parents.  They are spoilt, even spoilt rotten which makes them highly entitled, selfish, & overly dependent adults who feel that everyone & everything MUST revolve around .......THEM!

working