jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How would you cope with spiteful people?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 23 months ago

How would you cope with spiteful people?

Spiteful people are manipulative and hurtful to others. Do you have a specific way in which to cope with such individuals?

2. WordCrafter09 profile image77
    WordCrafter09posted 23 months ago

In general, I believe that someone who is manipulative and/or spiteful really needs a little counseling because that kind of behavior is unhealthy (for the person, any relationships they have, etc. etc.).

How would/do I deal with that behavior if/when I run into it?  It depends on who it is, how important the relationship is to me, how much I have to deal with it, how extreme/severe/frequent, the behavior is etc. etc.

My children are all grown now, but if I had a child today and saw manipulative and spiteful behavior showing up I'd make sure to address (to the child) how/why there are better ways to approach problems and/or relationships.

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Your answer is very helpful thank you

3. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12748028_f260.jpg

(1) At work, keep them at arm's length.  Only interface with them when absolutely necessary.  Establish your boundaries & demand respect.

(2) With friends, family, & peers, totally disassociate yourself from such people.  These people are toxic with a capital "T".  Why would anyone want to deal with people of a high negativity quotient.   Cut them out from your life, you don't need them.  With friends, family, & peers like these, who needs enemies.

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Great! You mention important reasons!

working