jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What is money to.........YOU?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

What is money to.........YOU?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12436643_f260.jpg

2. mtkomori profile image87
    mtkomoriposted 22 months ago

Money to me is sometimes very important, but at times, not very important.

If you`re on welfare, you wish you had money so you no longer need welfare and you would have enough to get by. In this case, yes, money is very important.
    However, what if you just left a job which was emotionally dissatisfying and you got nothing out of it in terms of building your career? Sure, you made money, but is this money very important? To me, it isn`t.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 22 months ago

Money is one step closer to retirement.   The more I can build in my savings and my 401k, the more I can enjoy retirement.  I have to work at least 12 more years until I can apply for Social Security.  But if I build enough in my savings, I can quit my job earlier and live off that  that money until I can get S. S.

4. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 22 months ago

An interesting question. Today it is becoming somewhat meaningless in one sense. I don't remember when I last took money out of my pocket and used it. I only write one check a month now for rent. All I see today are numbers like a point tally. Yes, it represents money, but the nitty-gritty of it is it is not a symbolic representation any longer for me.

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 22 months ago

Money to me is a tool, a resource that can be used for vast amounts of good, education, fun, etc. Money is very important not in and of itself but because of the vast things that require it in this modern, money based world.

6. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 22 months ago

money is like dirt on your hands. it comes and goes. It is useful to have, but it shouldn't be the source of your happiness.

7. Peter Audu profile image61
    Peter Auduposted 22 months ago

Money to me means freedom. It means options to do anything I want. Having a lot of it also means I am a valuable asset to the world

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

EXACTLY, the more money a person has, the MORE VALUABLE h/she IS whereas the less money a person has, the LESS VALUABLE h/she IS..

8. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

A necessary tool to accomplish much of what we need plus desire in life: Food, housing, clothing; paying the bills, sending the children to school, donations and yes, some leisure.

One spiritual approach is to see everything as having a purpose, a usefulness. Nothing is bad per se, but attachment to the thing, whatever it is, being a slave to it is a problem. Many great Kings were spiritual men and did much for their countries. Never forget that spirituality is the language of the Heart; that purity of intent; sincerity of purpose is so crucial! Much Love.

working