jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How can I learn to love a man again after nearly 20 yrs of no men in my life?

1. PrivilegedLove profile image59
    PrivilegedLoveposted 16 months ago

How can I learn to love a man again after nearly 20 yrs of no men in my life?

Experienced lifetime of violence since age 6.. In intensive therapy ever since.. Only now at age 63 have I started to explore the idea of letting anyone into my life..  Closed mind/body and heart/soul.. Yet.. now I choose to live on the other side of fear.. Hopeful now and want what I deserve.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13231426_f260.jpg

2. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 16 months ago

Maybe you don't need to.  If you have self acceptance this is a major accomplishment and it's something many people who are IN a relationship don't have.  But sharing experiences is a social want and need for most people.  Trust is not easy when you've been harmed in a vulnerable mindset - whether you are 6, 16 or 66.  Learn to trust that no matter what, you will always be the centre of your life and new people coming into it will know not to take advantage of you in any way.  With this in mind, you can take steps, maybe small ones,  into opening to someone sharing your life with you.

1. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I agree with Jewels that you may not need to....unless you really want to. If you do want this, just know your parameters and take things very slowly. I am rooting for you!

2. PrivilegedLove profile image59
      PrivilegedLoveposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I'm fully aware that I don't need to.really want to! It seems that I've held myself hostage to keep safe. Spent most of my life aligned with men who were not  available to me in any way. My loving heart deserves Reciprocal Love. Emotionally available

working