In Love With a Psychopath — a Call to Death! by Misbah

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (27 posts)
  1. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 23 months ago

Misbah writes three intriguing poems depicting a woman in love with a psychopath and how devastating it can be leading to suicidal thoughts. Read her fabulous poetry from the following link:
    https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … l-To-Death

Hi Misbah,
    Thank you for this write-up. I learned how difficult a life can be with a psychopath. Women under such circumstances should reach out for help because every life on this earth is important. I sincerely hope your friend finds a good way-out. Excellent poetry! I loved them all.

1. Misbah786 profile image85
      Misbah786posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for reading and sharing my hub, Rosina. I appreciate all your kind and insightful comments. Gratitude, dear friend. smile
      Tak care and stay safe!
      Blessings and lots of Love as always!!

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Hello Misbah!
      The life, which your friend is undergoing, is heartbreaking. I think she must visit some relationship expert or counsellor. In fact, the couple should together sit down and have some conversation regarding this.
      One must raise the voice, when physically or emotionally oppressed. There is help available in many ways. Children growing up in such atmosphere, will have behavioural problems. Women should be aware of their rights, and no one can exploit them.
      Anyway, I feel sad and sorry to read this, though you have done a great job.
      Thank you for sharing.
      Thank you Rosina, for sharing this in the forum.
      My best wishes to both of you.

I appreciate your kind and insightful comments, Di. Thank you for reading and your wonderful feedback. I believe we all want a happy life, but yet in life, we have to make many sacrifices and compromises along the way, sometimes for ourselves and sometimes for our loved ones. I feel sad and sorry for her. I hope she will find a way out soon. Take care and have a great weekend.
        Many Blessings and love!!

2. RozlinMohsin profile image60
    RozlinMohsinposted 23 months ago

Excellent article, Misbah. I love all your three poems. They are all well composed as per your friend's life with a psychopath. I hope she finds her way out. Your hub reminds me "laapata", a Pakistani drama, which is featured on life of a psychopath.
    Blessings and Much love.

Thank you Rosina for sharing.

Thank you for your kind comment, dear Rozlin. I, too, hope she finds a way out of the situation. I haven't seen the drama serial you mentioned but I am keeping it on my watchlist. Much appreciated!
      Have a great day!
      Many Blessings and Love

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 23 months ago

Misbah, it is very concerning what your friend is going through. She must have been reaching out to you by telling you all that as she had only known you for a short time.
    Excellent poetry, my friend. Thank you for sharing your friend’s story. I hope she finds a way out of the situation.
    Thank you for sharing this, Rosina.

Dear John, thank you very much for your generous and insightful comments. I also hope she finds a way out. She is living a troubled life and I really feel sorry for her.  Life is unpredictable; I hope it brings her some lovely surprises and that God eases her pain. Take care and have a beautiful day.
      Many blessings as always!! smile

4. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 23 months ago

I accidentally wrote my response to these poems on your your the poem you wrote just prior to this one. LOL!

No problem, Pamela. I appreciate your kind and sweet comments. Thank you so much for reading. Take care and have a great weekend.
      Lots of love and heaps of blessings smile

5. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 23 months ago

The life your friend is leading with a psychopathic husband is heartbreaking and scary.  I hope that she and her children survive, Misbah.  They will probably bear some scars. Thanks Rosina for sharing the link.

Thank you, Peggy, for reading and leaving a meaningful comment. I pray for a happy life for her and her children. The life she is living now is sad. sad
      Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
      Love and Blessings

6. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 23 months ago

My heart goes out to anyone who experiences this kind of deception, in which a person receives abuse in any form, in response to love. Thanks for reminder to be careful how we choose. Hoping that Misbah's friend finds a way out. thanks, Rosina, for sharing.

Ms. Dora, thank you very much for your kind words. Yes, having now spent 30 years of my life on this planet, I feel that I have evolved a lot, and I really believe that we have to be very careful how and what we choose. But I also believe that there are more good people in the world, which is why the world continues to exist. We can only hope for the best. smile

Take care of yourself and have a blessed weekend.
      Much love and many blessings

7. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 23 months ago

Misbah...
    Welcome back.

These poems all express narcissism so well.
    They play with fire.  It's like they must consume the good from others to feel alive.

In the end, the wiman is left drained feeling that life isn't worth it.

It's hard to love a narcissist.   They hate being told you've spotted their lies.  They will stare you dtraight in the face & say you are wrong.

Great writing.

Thank you for your kind words and warm welcome, Bredz. It means a lot to me, dear friend. I feel sorry for the narcissist as well as anyone who is in such a scenario, like my friend. Psychological studies show that a narcissist feels regrets and emotions but rarely displays them. There is a thin line between the three, narcissist, sociopath, and psychopath, but psychopaths are considered to be the worst-case; nothing can bring them on the right track, and they are believed to be born that way, whereas narcissists and sociopaths adopt the behavior as a result of what they experience or suffer in life.
      Please take care and have a fabulous weekend.
      Sending you hugs, love and Blessings smile

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
        Brenda Arledgeposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Misbah...
        I find it hard to believe that a narcissist feels any regret or emotions.
        I have been told they have feelings, but their actions speak otherwise.

Bredz, please see this: https://youtu.be/6dv8zJiggBs smile

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
            Brenda Arledgeposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Certainly alot of information there.
            I agree that narcissist hate Shame.

That's one thing they can't stand & does make them stop and pay attention for a bit.

I like Val's comments too.

smile

8. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 23 months ago

Your poetry in powerful, Misbah. I hope your friend finds a good way to solve her problems and finds happiness for herself and her daughters.

Thank you so much for reading and leaving such a thoughtful comment, Linda. I sincerely appreciate your kindness. Stay healthy and happy. Have a wonderful weekend.
      Love and blessings as always!!

9. vidsagster profile image86
    vidsagsterposted 23 months ago

Hi Misbah, your friend's situation is  heartrending. You have conveyed her despair so well in the poems. Women go through so much for the sake of their children. But it is always better to seek help than suffer in silence. Ending her life is not a solution. As you have rightly said, every life is precious and must be saved. Hope she finds help for herself and for her daughters.

Thank you much for reading and leaving such a thoughtful comment, dear Vidya. I appreciate your kindness. I too hope she finds a way out. Stay safe  and healthy. Have a blessed weekend.
      Much Love and blessings!

10. profile image0
    Vladimir Karasposted 23 months ago

Narcissists are not to be categorized as psychopaths. While both are nuts in their own way, both have emotions, twisted as may be. Hitler loved children and his German shepherd, and he very much sympathized with the poor and starving people -- which didn't prevent him from killing masses of people.  That's where their emotional repertoire selectively and insanely splits between noble and evil.
    But talking strictly about narcissists, they are just "madly in love with themselves", while capable of also loving others. To them, love is all a matter of intensity, mostly focused on them, and they will love you as long as you see some kind of "superior humans" in them -- whether by looks or by intelligence.
    They can be very manipulative, while proving to themselves their superiority.
    But many are also sheer neurotics compensating their deep seated inferiority with an exaggerated self image.
    That's how I see them.

Excellent explanation, Mr. Val. I agree with you! Thank you so much smile
      Keep smiling and have a great weekend.
      Blessings as always!

11. profile image0
    Vladimir Karasposted 23 months ago

Misbah, dear -- You have yourself a fabulous weekend as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)