jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Everytime I brush my hair I loose alot of hair but when I wash it I really loos

1. profile image58
    DianeEscoveposted 13 months ago

Everytime I brush my hair I loose alot of hair but when I  wash it I really loose even more, I don't

Wash it but only once a week because I really loose alot more then when I brush it. I only dye it only when absolutely necessary because of losing so much hair. And it is very dry and frizzy, and breaks easily what can I do or use to help it get in better condition. I'm desperate help!!

2. Mr.NGR profile image60
    Mr.NGRposted 13 months ago

Well first thing is check your water. If your home has what they call "hard water" then get a filter/softener for either the whole house or just get a filtered shower head ( much less expensive $20+). Secondly try using cholesterol hair conditioning cream.  That will help with the dryness/frizzy-ness/breakage and it's inexpensive. Thirdly try using Mane 'n Tail shampoo it is known to improve the overall strength of hair. Lastly take a look at your diet. Drink more water. Hair is comprised of amino acids which are the building blocks of proteins (I believe hair is something close to 91% proteins). So eat more proteins and maybe take an over the counter multivitamin. The last one is just in case you have a vitamin deficiency. One other thing condition your hair everyday and wash it at most twice a week. That's the best advice I can offer you without seeing your hair in person. In case you're wondering what qualifies me to answer this question, I have a barber's license and have had it for almost 15 years. We actually learn a lot more about hair than hairdressers do. Even though most women would never ask a barber for advice about their hair lol. Let me know how it works out and remember to keep this in mind, this isn't something that is going to go away overnight. Give it a few weeks and if it doesn't improve go to a dermatologist. Good luck.

1. profile image58
      DianeEscoveposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I do drink alot of water everyday probably more than the average person, I don't drink any other drinks other than water. And I've used horse and mane for yrs, until the last yr, I started using a hair repair shampoo & conditoner w/ keratin to he

2. Mr.NGR profile image60
      Mr.NGRposted 13 months agoin reply to this

If your hair was healthier prior to switching shampoos I would go back to mane n tail. Keratin shampoos are like a band-aid for the real problem they treat the hair on your head (dead hair) but not the source.

working