This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone else control their dreams sometimes?

1. Trevor Hove profile image59
    Trevor Hoveposted 7 months ago

Does anyone else control their dreams sometimes?

I used to thinki dreams were something I can't really control and change the "plot" but sometime back I learned to actually control them. Not a pro yet but sometimes I have dreams that start out as nightmares but then I realize they're dreams and I change the whole scene and make them interesting. Can anyone else do this? Do these kinds of dreams have a name?

2. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 7 months ago

This is called lucid dreaming. Many people do it naturally but it can also be learned through practice.

3. profile image57
    Lelu2posted 7 months ago

Always.  My father taught me. No name that I know of, but I do it every night of my life, most of the time.  The really strange ones are harder to control, but the scary ones are easy

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 7 months ago

I have these dreams several times a year and I tell the person in my dream that it is just a dream and I can control it.  One time I turned a tornado into a huge crystal vase

working