jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Spring is here and so are the allergies

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I love this time of year;everything is blooming, birds are chirping and my nose hasn't stopped running for weeks!
    anyone else having major allergy symptoms now?
    hmm

1. skear profile image89
      skearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My allergies have been bothering me as well!  I picked up some Clariton at CVS today and it has helped with the runny nose and sneezing.  The sooner spring ends the better.

2. smcopywrite profile image78
      smcopywriteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i have year around allergies but this time of the year does suck for allergies. i live where i can enjoy four beautiful seasons but i suffer through all of them except for winter.

3. Lwelch profile image89
      Lwelchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

YES YES YES

Started late this year... end of February.  Thankfully.  People think I am nuts when I know trees are already frolicking at that time of year.

I recommend a shower and nasal wash before bed.  Neti pots are wonderful!

4. profile image52
      SinusSuffererposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a Sinus problem, so at the onset of spring I lock myself at home.

Although pollen causes me problems, my Sinusitis mainly gets triggered by pollution.

Before I go out I use a spray (Sinox Nasal Spray) that has prophylactic properties similar to Airborne Health Formula. This helps reduce the likelihood of falling sick.

As Lwelsh mentioned, the Neti-pot also works.

2. The Jet profile image80
    The Jetposted 6 years ago

I am also experiencing spring runny nose syndrome. Lol

3. AliciaC profile image95
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

Yes, every spring is allergy season for me! It’s a nuisance, and really interferes with my daily activities unless I find an antihistamine that works, but spring is still my favorite season. I love seeing the growth of new plants and the appearance of animals that I haven’t seen since the last year.

4. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

with record-breaking temperatures for April and rainfall,the allergy season is horrible this year!

5. profile image57
    ForYourInfoposted 6 years ago

Spring is the time of year that we normally think of when it comes to seasonal allergies. As the trees start to bloom and the pollen gets airborne, allergy sufferers begin their annual ritual of sniffling and sneezing. Each year, 35 million Americans fall prey to seasonal allergic rhinitis, more commonly known as hay fever.

Although there is no magical cure for spring allergies, there are a number of ways to combat them, from medication to household habits.

Here are some of the biggest spring allergy offenders:

Trees

Alder
    Ash
    Aspen
    Beech
    Box elder
    Cedar
    Cottonwood
    Cypress
    Elm
    Hickory
    Juniper
    Maple
    Mulberry
    Oak
    Olive
    Palm
    Pine
    Poplar
    Sycamore
    Willow

Grasses and weeds

Bermuda
    Fescue
    Johnson
    June
    Orchard
    Perennial rye
    Redtop
    Saltgrass
    Sweet vernal
    Timothy

Allergy symptoms tend to be particularly high on breezy days when the wind picks up pollen and carries it through the air. Rainy days, on the other hand, cause a drop in the pollen counts because the rain washes away the allergens.

working