jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some low cost original ideas for Mother's Day?

1. ng0208 profile image55
    ng0208posted 7 years ago

What are some low cost original ideas for Mother's Day?

2. nadp profile image76
    nadpposted 7 years ago

When my daughters were younger they created a "spa day" for me.  They gathered botanicals from the yard and gave me a facial, manicure, and pedicure, and made yummy little treats for me to munch on while I was being pampered.

Another idea is to write a very personal note to your mom - memories of special times that you and she have shared that she might not even recall.  I did this - you can see it in my hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Tribuet-to-Mom
    My mom treasures this gift.

3. RunnerJane33 profile image48
    RunnerJane33posted 7 years ago

Make a gift basket. It allows you to make a few cheaper items look like a nicer gift. A little box of candy, a box of tea and a jar of jelly from you own pantry, maybe one or two more items and you pretty much have a gift all ready to go!

4. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Take her shoping,for a certain thing,not the
    whole store,and let her pick something out.

5. Spider Girl profile image75
    Spider Girlposted 7 years ago

Mother's day is all about originality and creativity. You can craft anything for you mother if you're tight on budget. Make her a card or bake her a personalized cake.

Check out my hub for more ideas:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/20-Great-Ideas- … others-Day

6. chspublish profile image80
    chspublishposted 7 years ago

Afternoon tea served on the best china (cups) in the house. Dainty (if available, otherwise dress plain plates with d'olyied shaped white paper) china plates filled with jam filled sponge cake, scones and thin cookies(biscuits in the UK and Ireland)
    Serve with tea/coffee in a (matching, preferably) dainty teapot or coffeepot.
    Send an invitation to some of her friends for afternoon tea.
    Dress appropriately to serve and wait on Mother and her friends, in best day dress, full make-up and hat to match or business suit
    Total cost : about 5 euro/dollars and a few sweaty hours in the kitchen.
    Thanks for the question.

7. manjubose5 profile image72
    manjubose5posted 6 years ago

Last year my daughter gifted me a nice perfume that I like and use always.

You can give own made embroidered bed spread or alike, if she likes craft.

You may get ideas from:

Thanks for your question