jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is your favorite holiday and why?

1. Eric Prado profile image75
    Eric Pradoposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite holiday and why?

2. profile image51
    FlameAscendingposted 7 years ago

I have two favorite holidays: Christmas and Easter. Christmas, because I like giving gifts and I always spoil myself; Easter, because I like Lent. I focus more on meditation than usual. smile

3. CrystalisRad profile image58
    CrystalisRadposted 7 years ago

I would have to say the Fourth of July, mainly because of the fact that people always seem to be so happy. And the fireworks are always just breath taking. No matter what city I am in that year they always seem to go all out and paint the sky in colors. It's just beautiful.

4. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

I am also a 4th of July person - Beer, BBQ, and things exploding. Who could ask for more.
    I used to say Christmas, but now as a father of four, it's just a lot of work and very expensive.

5. sturner1 profile image66
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

My favorite Holiday is Christmas. Not just for the gifts but it's one of the rare holidays that we get to see our extended family, catch up with one another, bond, and help to prepare a great meal, and just enjoy being in the presence of one another.

6. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

President's Day. No gifts to buy, cards to remember, food to cook, or fires to put out. I can just sleep in and ignore the world like every other day. smile

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Thanksgiving...........good food, good company, good times.........knowing that we are the recipients of Good Will, extending our hands and hearts, our bounty....................NO obligation to wrap, decorate, give..................WHEN is giving an obligatioin?

Just be thankful that someone has provided a bounty.

Bless the hands that provided and the hands that prepared.

Thanksgiving is simply...........straightforward and unassuming.  There is not even a "religious doctrine" to behold.

Though, many of us, do give thanks to a Creator, there is no imposed obligation.  Just enjoy the benefits of our combined labor.  How cool is that!

8. marketingskeptic profile image72
    marketingskepticposted 7 years ago

I love Halloween b/c of all the candy, the awesome costume parties, and of course, the drinking!