jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are your plans for Valentine's Day on a budget?

1. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

What are your plans for Valentine's Day on a budget?

We're on a tight budget this year with a senior in high school and all those crazy costs and looking at possible college expenses. What is everyone else who is on a budget doing? I thought sending the kids to friends houses and making a nice dinner and watching a movie. Kind of predictable, though.

2. SoaresJCSL profile image76
    SoaresJCSLposted 6 years ago

Just a relaxing dinner. We do not have the time or the money needed to go spend a night out, for example.

3. badegg profile image77
    badeggposted 6 years ago

I'm kind of hoping that she'll forget about it!

4. KDF profile image74
    KDFposted 6 years ago

Treat it the same as any other day but maybe with a card and a box of chocolates. It's more about helping my young son put his valentine's together for his classmates but every once in a while I send flowers to the Miss' as a surprise.
    I found Valentines Day to be a good night out for dinner though, but as other hubbers have stated, without having extra money or the following day off, it's kinda hard to do anything spectacular. Hopefully, I'll get by with some of the things I've mentioned above. I'm still financially trying to recover from a ridiculously expensive Christmas and February birthday. LOL

5. jenw3880 profile image60
    jenw3880posted 6 years ago

No plans. A box of choclate sounds like a good idea.