jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?

1. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?

2. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

My husband is having surgery on the 15th so not a lot.  If we do get out that weekend, it won't involve the traditional drinking and debauchery.

3. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

corned beef and cabbage and libations...oh my!!

4. hobbynob profile image79
    hobbynobposted 6 years ago

We're not bar people anymore, so we'll probably spend it at the park or outdoors, if at all possible, then bake some green goodies and drink green tea. I wrote a hub on this recently, if you want to check it out click left.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I haven't decided, but I'll probably drink and make jokes like I do every year. Sort of off the subject, but North Texas is full of a strange subculture of Irish Gypos who breed like rabbits and make a living by ripping off unsuspecting people through phony contractor repair work before moving back up north to their other homes. You can't even go into a Catholic Mass anymore without seeing a gaggle of overly-made up pre-teen girls dressed up like street walkers. Last St. Patrick's Day, I stood behind a pack of the males in the grocery store while they were buying everything they needed to celebrate their big day. First of all, they are all inbred, so they all look alike. Second, they have very strange accents (not Irish) that you can barely understand. They take about an hour to check out because they screw around with the clerk while their buddies/cousins/brothers shoplift. And I'm just throwing this one out there--they typically walk around with a few thousand dollars in cash on them all the time.

6. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

Don't have any definite plans as my husband is working alot of weekends, but we MAY have close friends over later for dinner.  She is VERY Irish, and celebrating St. Patrick's Day a week early.  She and her husband have birthdays in March, so thought I'd get them birthday cards with an Irish Scratch-off placed in each one.  Also order them a birthday cake with St. Patrick's Day decorations on it. 

Cook them a home made spaghetti dinner, as they will have had their corn beef and cabbage the week before.

Hope it pans out that we can line things up to do this!

Blessings, Sparklea smile

7. Marion Elodie profile image61
    Marion Elodieposted 6 years ago

I don't have any specific plans and usually don't "celebrate" this day so it's just going to be a regular Saturday for me.