jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is Friday the 13th a superstition or for real?

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Is Friday the 13th a superstition or for real?

I have had many negative events happen on Friday the 13th. But I don't know if it's the day or the fact that the date just makes an event easier to remember; like someones birthday that falls on a holiday. What is your experience?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

It is a real supperstition; however, there is nothing significant about Friday 13th.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

It's a superstition, but many people do find they run into "bad luck" on Friday the 13th.  Why? not because of the day, but because they believe the day to be unlucky.  What we believe tends to manifest smile

4. kgarcia1113 profile image70
    kgarcia1113posted 5 years ago

The myth that Friday the 13th is a bad luck day can be traced back to ancient times. It is because the numbers 6 and 13 were considered very bad luck. Friday being the 6th day of the week combined with the number 13 caused people to fear when the two overlapped on the calendar. Although there no basis for the myth it has stood up to the test of time. Each year has one to three Fridays where the date is the 13th.

There is no evidence that anything abnormal or unlucky will occur because of a Friday the 13th. It is simply a myth.

5. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 5 years ago

It really depends on your outlook on the matter. If you believe it is real, then it is real in your life, but not necessarily for others. I personally don't believe in Friday the 13th; however, I do not claim it as a myth. I just think every day is just like yesterday, only slightly different and nothing bad has happened to me unless I allowed those bad things to happen subconsciously. It's all a matter of perspective

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I don't think there's anything negative about Friday the 13th. I know there are many explanations about why the day is "unlucky", but this is one of my favorites. Christians designate Friday as the day Christ was crucified. That happened after he was betrayed by one of his disciples - often called the thirteenth man because the group consisted of Jesus and twelve disciples. Putting the two together, you have Friday and 13 being "unlucky" so Friday the 13th is very "unlucky".