jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Do you have Friday the 13th superstitions?

1. colorfulone profile image85
    colorfuloneposted 3 years ago

Do you have Friday the 13th superstitions?

If so, why do you believe you have superstitions about Friday the 13th?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12273723_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

I did when I was a kid, because it was cool or something.

3. Angel Van Atta profile image80
    Angel Van Attaposted 3 years ago

No. But we do have a pretty fun tradition of watching scary movies together as a family. We use pretty much any excuse we can get to celebrate stuff.

4. CNelson01 profile image82
    CNelson01posted 3 years ago

No....dates come and go and life happens.

5. MDavisatTIERS profile image85
    MDavisatTIERSposted 3 years ago

My mother's birthday was January 13 and my dad's was November 13, so it was hard to think of the 13th as anything other than a celebration.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

No. There are so many in the year they cannot all be haunted.

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

No but I did watch one of the Friday the 13th movies and realized afterwards that it was  actually Friday the 13.

8. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
    MonkeyShine75posted 3 years ago

I don't believe Friday 13th brings bad luck. Do you know that in Greece, it's Tuesday the 13th that they worry about?
    It's all in the mind, and if anything bad happens to a superstitious person that day, they usually bring it on themselves, or it's coincidence

9. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

well, friday 13th turned out to be a fruitful event for me this year, my son pulled out his tooth, my mom birthday.

10. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Friday the 13th for me is a time of fun. My memories are full of being at work on a Friday the 13th. Everything would be blamed on that being a cause for anything that went wrong. Usually it was followed with a smile and some sort of laughter. That day usually was a light and airy day seeming to be less pressure and a bit more fun blaming a day for the small nuances of problems occurring instead of other identities - coworkers, customers, equipment, bosses, and such.

1. colorfulone profile image85
      colorfuloneposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer. Turning it into a Fun Day with the people around you is like flying in the face of Friday the 13th.

11. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12278186_f260.jpg

Omg, yes every Friday the 13th is followed by Saturday 14th in which I am awakened most suddenly at 5 A.M. and from about 6:15 until 8 A.M. I do not meet/score my hat-trick. I am short-changed! It is a reliving of the same scenario every Friday the 13th not unlike that Groundhog Day movie with the actor, Chevy Chase...

1. The Examiner-1 profile image74
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why does that happen just because it is the 13th? It makes no sense.

working