jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Examples of appropriate Christmas gifts when you've only been dating a few weeks

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

Examples of appropriate Christmas gifts when you've only been dating a few weeks?

When you haven't known eachother a long time, say 4 weeks of dating, what kind of gifts would be appropriate to exchange, as I don't think it's appropriate to be too extravagant when the relationship is so new.

2. ssmith1534 profile image73
    ssmith1534posted 5 years ago

I think small and sweet is the best way. If you give them something small, and include a poem or some kind words in a card to go along with the gift, that would work great! For those like me that are "ballin' on a budget," here are some inexpensive Christmas gift ideas: http://ssmith1534.hubpages.com/hub/Buyi … n-a-Budget

3. NornsMercy profile image59
    NornsMercyposted 5 years ago

This happened to me last year. smile I would say get something that would normally be a stocking stuffer, like a small bottle of cologne or a gift card to a book store (or whatever they like). Or... try getting something that is very useful and necessary but not too emotional...like wiper blades or a steering wheel cover. smile

1. stricktlydating profile image82
      stricktlydatingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I appreciate your suggestions

4. alisharenee profile image84
    alishareneeposted 5 years ago

The very fist gift that I gave my husband when we were first dating was a bottle of cologne.  It was thoughtful but not too overboard as we had only been dating for a few weeks as well.  A gift certificate or gift card to his favorite store would be another good option.

5. Lanzskie profile image76
    Lanzskieposted 5 years ago

I too agree with ssmith... a card maybe with your own words in it. For example, I gave my mum a beautiful white stone on the Mother's Day, and of course, a poem - It was all metaphor. My opening line is,
    Not a usual gift. Not a card.
    I will give a white stone.
    Round like a heart....

Read it, if you like

Even though, you'll give you-know-who a simple gift like a stone, it would create a lot of difference if you'll also hand in a beautiful poem that would explain your feelings to him/her without being so cheesy.