jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you survive the holidays alone?

1. Chrystal81 profile image80
    Chrystal81posted 5 years ago

How do you survive the holidays alone?

2. PlanksandNails profile image86
    PlanksandNailsposted 5 years ago

There is often a lot of opportunity to serve in the community such as helping out with holiday food hampers at the local food bank, or volunteering at a community event, which are good places to meet new people. This may be a good distraction from the loneliness you may be having.

3. profile image0
    mayank786posted 5 years ago

By playing games listening music and by watching movies.

4. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 5 years ago

By spending time outside walking or just enjoying what nature has provided.  This is what I call my 'soul time' and it should be taken in large doses and not only at Christmas or on holidays.  Staying indoors can make one feel depressed.  One can feel immediately uplifted so if you can, make the effort, I believe you will be rewarded for your effort.

5. trusouldj profile image79
    trusouldjposted 5 years ago

get a batch of your favorite Christmas Cds and play them while preparing your favorite meal.  then dress in your most comfy night clothes, wrap up in a blanket and watch your favorite Christmas movies.  But don't forget to turn off your phone so that you won't be disturbed by pesky wrong numbers and bill collectors. don't worry, you'll be fine. smile

6. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

It's not so bad. I get in lots of treats, make a cornish hen for dinner with all the trimmings, watch Christmas movies and TV shows.