jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Tonight is the Super Moon! Where will you be viewing the moon?

1. harmony155 profile image69
    harmony155posted 4 years ago

Tonight is the Super Moon! Where will you be viewing the moon?

2. robhampton profile image97
    robhamptonposted 4 years ago

Hmm, thought we just had a super moon. How often is this event? anyway, didn't know that so will be viewing from my porch. Maybe even this will motivate me to head to Clearwater beach and check it out

3. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Sadly not! Here in the Pacific Northwest - more specifically, Washington, we don't see the sky at night very often. The clouds love to blanket us and tell us stories which we intemperate as rain.They're supposed to be telling this story for a week I hear

4. Queen of Cups profile image61
    Queen of Cupsposted 4 years ago

From Wyoming {near the West coast} on my back porch if it isn't cloudy.
    We usually have crystal clear skies here so we often get great views of the moon and the stars.
    I hope I get to see it!

5. xanzacow profile image71
    xanzacowposted 4 years ago

I had no idea! I guess we will walk over to the beach and see it over the ocean. (If weather permits)

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

The front porch or the street more than likely. Maybe a drive if I am awake. The coast is about 30 minutes or so. I don't drive at night as often now. Grunion will be running this neck of the woods too. The beaches will be crowded, fires blazing, and kids having more fun than can be imagined.

Yesterday was midsummer day in Sweden. Yesterday was the first Super Moon on June 22 too. Midsummer eve was June 21. hmmmm . . . where's my calendar? Does anyone know when to view? Its crest of the arch or while rising or setting?

tim smile

7. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Yes....an exciting event.  I'll be sitting on my deck, with a perfect view.  The weather is simply beautiful......warm, with a slight breeze.  It's very very quiet, and dark, where I live.  I'm looking forward to the peace and calm.

8. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

I will just go out in the yard and look up! I saw nothing last night, I will take my camera though just in case!

9. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

It was amazing last night, but they say it will be closer tonight.  Another event is to happen in July like this one. I'll be here in the Pennsylvania hills.

10. Monis Mas profile image78
    Monis Masposted 4 years ago

I will be sleeping, sorry :-). I got to get ready for Monday at work!