jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is a your favorite holiday memory?

1. Christa Swope profile image35
    Christa Swopeposted 4 years ago

What is a your favorite holiday memory?

2. rainsanmartin profile image91
    rainsanmartinposted 4 years ago

My mom, sisters and I had a tradition for many years of gathering at The Coffee Bean, the day after Thanksgiving, for a mini performance of the Nutcracker in The Oaks mall (Thousand Oaks, CA).  This kicked off the Christmas season and was truly a magical memory.

3. jada67 profile image34
    jada67posted 4 years ago

The memories of Christmas will always stay with me. I would watch the tears in my mother eyes as she explain to the older children ,while nothing was under the tree for us. Jada67

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

I remembered the time our inlaws and our family went to Malacca, Malaysia for our New Year holiday. It was a superb holiday, a site where it showcase old Holland scenery. very beautiful and love the windmill house.

5. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

4.5 feet of new snow on the ground, trees and roof. The smell of fresh baked bread. Dad and mom hugging. Getting the hand me down of my brother's baseball glove and basketball. A midnight candlelight service the Eve before. Five older siblings having a blast. Honorary old folks in to enjoy us kids. Putting the baby in the manger. Jingle bells on the dog. Two big fires to warm the home.

But maybe the favorite was the first year with a newborn of my own.

1. loveofnight profile image80
      loveofnightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Truly heart-felt

6. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

Still believing in Santa Claus and making sure that I was in bed, pretending to be sleep, listening out for his arrival. Every sound in the house fed my dreams until the morning and proof of Santa's arrival with my many new blessings/gifts. I loved those days of great imagination.