jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you prefer to stay at home, prepare homemade meal for Christmas Day or dine o

1. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Do you prefer to stay at home, prepare homemade meal for Christmas Day or dine outside?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8562008_f260.jpg

2. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

I prefer to stay at home with family, and let them help with the meal preparation.  Christmas and family fit well together.  Of course, we can entertain others outside the family circle; so long as our family is together.

3. Cordelia Bay profile image61
    Cordelia Bayposted 4 years ago

I find that both ways can be very rewarding. At times I prefer staying at home and preparing things the way I like them and sharing my cooking talents with others. Other times, it is nice to go out and just be served and not worry about the mess, or eating left overs for a period of time. At least, that was before I got smart and started freezing leftovers and having them another time when the mood strikes me.  But, I am grateful that i still have a choice.

4. trusouldj profile image78
    trusouldjposted 4 years ago

I enjoy eating at home, but I've also been curious about eating out on the holiday.  But if your partner thinks that it sounds strange .... I may just venture out on my own to see for myself.

5. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I think that either way is fine.  It's all in your perspective and the company in which you're sharing the dinner with.  Not everything needs to be a home cooked meal.

6. Carb Diva profile image97
    Carb Divaposted 4 years ago

Instead of preparing a traditional dinner with turkey, ham, goose, etc. we go to church in the morning and then prepare a large brunch to eat while we open presents. Much of the work can be done ahead of time (cinnamon rolls, potato casserole in the crock pot, fruit and cheese platters, apple crisp, etc.). Perhaps not the healthiest way to eat, but it's easy

7. profile image0
    SandCastlesposted 4 years ago

I prefer to cook unless I am invited to someone's house.

8. AlisonRuth profile image77
    AlisonRuthposted 4 years ago

Homemade meal at my brother's. Roastbeast yummy don't hold back on the massed potatoes and gravy.

9. Marie Flint profile image92
    Marie Flintposted 4 years ago

I definitely prefer to prepare my own meal at home, especially since I've become gluten-free vegan. It's a tough discipline, and I don't feel like putting my health into someone else's hands, especially when the motive is for commercial purposes. Food preparation should be done with loving care with the best produce, things on which major restaurant establishments fall short.

Besides, when you're steaming vegetables, the steam is good for the skin!

working