jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know how they make a Christmas tree at the South Pole?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Do you know how they make a Christmas tree at the South Pole?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

With their imagination, I expect.  There are no trees growing on the Antarctic Continent (unless they have a laboratory down there that has the soil temperature, and humitidty to grow them artificially) 

Oh, and if you're thinking about the North Pole, it's just as bad. The North Pole has nothing up there except sea ice with water under it.   No trees once again.

However, there is a major base at the South Pole nowadays.  Saw a documentary on it only a few weeks back.  Quite luxurious, by the look of it.  Also there are lots of creative people there, too, I expect.   So I'm pretty sure they will improvise - if they haven't already bought a shop one and flown it down.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

The imagination is part of it but they make it themselves. Like the tree at the tire warehouse that 'TheHoleStory' showed us a few weeks ago.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

At McMurdo Station in Antarctica, the staff puts up artificial Christmas trees that are in storage the rest of the year. In the eating areas, red and green ribbons are hung and medical equipment and other supplies are hung from them. Outside, metal cables are spray painted red and green.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Since Christmas is over I will tell you what I heard on the radio the other day. They cannot seem to grow live trees. So they make trees out of used tools, rusty large nuts and bolts, broken hacksaws, whatever they can seem to get hold of and I think that they painted and decorated them.

Closed to reply

working