What is your new year resolutions?have you kept your past resolution?

1. Mia Danice Milcah profile image57
    Mia Danice Milcahposted 4 years ago

What is your new year resolutions?have you kept your past resolution?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

A few days ago I tore out a sheet of short-term, medium-term and long-term goals which had all been carefully thought out, and threw them in my waste-paper basket.  I have had New Year's Resolutions, and I have succeeded in many of them.  Others, I have not.  But I got to thinking this time that Resolutions take us into an imaginary future; something we want in time ahead.

We can waste our lives chasing things 'ahead.'  Like the song goes, "Everyone is waiting for a new day in the morning; a new day will never come..."   Yes, even old men do this.  I'm an old man so I should know.

This dos not mean that we should not plan for our future.  It does not mean that we should not take steps to improve and grow in all areas of our lives.   We do need material things, a home, things which make our lives comfortable.   But when we have all these things, what then?   Are we after baubles, and trophies and pats on the back?   We know in our hearts when we have all we need by way of material security.   

Surely our New Year Resolution should be to be 'the best human being I can be.'   And that is not really measurable.  it is not within a time frame.  It is hard to evaluate - so it is pretty hard to have it as a goal or even a New Year's Resolution.   But it is, I'm starting to think, the most import 'resolve' we can ever make.   We need to make it a 'life time resolution.

Have a wonderful 2014.  And may your wishes for a good life become true for you.

working