jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

How do you feel about going into a restaurant on your birthday and the staff...

1. bethperry profile image94
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

How do you feel about going into a restaurant on your birthday and the staff...

suddenly surrounds your table in order to sing a happy birthday song? My husband once had the staff do this on my birthday and I appreciated it. On the other hand my mother absolutely loathes it. How do you feel about such birthday serenades?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

I enjoy it when it's my birthday, but I find it incredibly disruptive and irritating when it is someone else's.  That is not my best character trait, but it's the truth.  Then again, I don't like waiters who just step up to the table and disrupt our conversation.  After our food or drinks are served, if we need anything, I'll wave to them when they come by.  When I'm out with friends I want to enjoy the time with them, not establish a relationship with the waiter.
    I know how that sounds.  But I'm the customer not a guest and I know the difference.
    So  let me have it!  I know.

bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Kathleen, I actually understand that.

3. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image62
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 3 years ago

That's very nice. I may try it with someone in the future.

I do think it tends to make most people feel special on their birthday. smile

4. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I do not remember about when I was a kid, but as I grew up I was not too happy about having my birthday announced in public.

Really? Wow.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is the way that I turned out. So did many others.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I usually feel glad that I don't work there so I'm not forced to take part in such embarrassing displays.

lol

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's always fun to watch those forced sing alongs, though. There's always one guy who seems to be REALLY into singing  to random strangers, while the rest of the group look like, "someone please kill me now."

6. Phyllis Doyle profile image98
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

I have had restaurant staffs do that for me, at the request of someone I am with, and it always makes me feel good. It makes me very shy for a few minutes, but it is a nice gesture I appreciate.

Yeah smile

7. profile image53
    DennyMinnposted 3 years ago

I will feel Boring, not romantic , in a word , i don't like cerebrate my birthday like this way .

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 3 years ago

I would enjoy it. We did it for my husband once and he was p!ssed!  So I guess it isn't for everyone.

Oh sad

9. profile image60
    EmilySparks2894posted 3 years ago

While it does make you the center of attention all of a sudden, and may seem a bit embarrassing at first, I enjoy it.  It just seems to make the time a bit more special and fun.

working