jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Are you ready for Halloween this year?

1. TheHoleStory profile image78
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

Are you ready for Halloween this year?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11851515_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 3 years ago

yep. already got my decorations out, and horror movies planned to watch. no candy just yet, but soon, before all the good stuff is taken. love this time of year.

3. MizBejabbers profile image92
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

We don't do Halloween anymore. Our neighborhood used to attract kids from all over town because it was considered a "safe" neighborhood for the kids to go trick or treat, but they don't come anymore. I guess parents direct their children to Halloween parties now because it has just gotten too dangerous for them to trick or treat.

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image76
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree. I would like to add to your comment that many parents work and by the time they come home and have supper with the family, it is dark and too late to go out.

4. profile image60
    peg2posted 3 years ago

We are planning a disco party on Halloween this year, where people can dress up if they want to.  It is something different for us older people to do.

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image76
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That sounds interesting! Not only will it be fun, but good cardiovascular exercises such as dancing are enjoyable and healthy fun.

5. aidenw profile image66
    aidenwposted 3 years ago

depends on what you mean by 'ready.' halloween is my favorite holiday so i'm always ready for it smile but if you mean getting your house decorated and everything, unfortunately not. i've just been too busy lately. but hopefully soon.

6. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image76
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years ago

Yes I am. This year I thought I should be practical and do something not everyone else usually does. A few months back I purchased an inexpensive box of crayons. I grouped the crayons by three and each pack of three I scotch taped them. Instead of the typical and usually pricey halloween candy, I opted for this alternative.

7. Chauncey St Clair profile image60
    Chauncey St Clairposted 3 years ago

I actually have this burning desire to dress up as a one of those creepy aliens with the big heads and big eyes, but going upstate (NY) for that weekend and I'm afraid if I walk around like that at night I'll get shot! ;-)

8. newbizmau profile image93
    newbizmauposted 3 years ago

I'm ready! Planning to be in Disney World for Halloween. Can't wait to see all the things they are cooking. I know that Harry Potter is suppose to be a big thing this year.

9. Bubblegum Jones profile image60
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

Yes, I am always loaded up with candy waiting for those little Trick-or-Treaters to come knocking on the door.

working