jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Earth to face blackout 6 days?

1. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Earth to face blackout 6 days?

is it true or false? Some confirm it is a hoax. Why?

2. Snakesmum profile image82
    Snakesmumposted 3 years ago

It's not true, peachpurple.   
    Check out what Snopes.com has to say.

Here's part of it

"No, the universe is not about to realign in December 2014, nor will there be a multi-day blackout at that time during which the Earth will shift into a new dimension. Neither NASA nor any other credible scientific entity has made such a pronouncement. Ever. "

1. Faith Reaper profile image86
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I haven't even heard of this, but I do hope you are correct, Snakesmum.  Yes, I would go by what NASA is saying about all of this for sure.

2. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks, i will check out too. You guys are great

3. Venkatachari M profile image43
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 years ago

I didn't know about this news. But, I don't believe in all such things. Many predictions have been made and much false claims have been spread in past also. But nothing happened. So do not believe in all such things. The earth will survive as it is for many more thousands of years if not million. Nothing going to happen except pollution and crimes.

thanks, your reply is a relief. I believe that nothing will happen. must be some sort of misunderstanding in the news

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

How can the entire earth blackout at the same time? We have become more prepared for things such as that in certain areas. There is the sun and the moon; there are alarms for wires being cut; there are solar panels, generators, chargers, etc.; need I go on?

Unless you are talking about the moon phase which happens all of the time, off and on, and quickly.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Unless someone is just teasing about ads for Black Friday or Black November sales.

2. peachpurple profile image83

i thought it was eclipse too but it was said the sun being block

3. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is, I just could not remember the word when I wrote that.

4. peachpurple profile image83

got it. Saw the news at Yahoo.com , so got very surprised and worried. Thanks a lot

5. Susan Guinn profile image74
      Susan Guinnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Peachpurple that is so cool, picking your name from your son. Family is very important, and our children tend to pull on our heartstrings!

5. Susan Guinn profile image74
    Susan Guinnposted 3 years ago

Yes, it is a Hoax.  But when viewed as a whole, it becomes clear that Bolden was discussing emergency preparedness in case of an earthquake or hurricane, in order to help US families to be ready for such scenarios.  So not to worry.  You & I believe in God Peachpurple, the only honest news will be the Rapture, when Christ returns for the Christians.  No worries!

thanks a lot, your reply makes me feel better

2. Susan Guinn profile image74
      Susan Guinnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

peachpurple, you are more than welcome, anytime. Can I ask where you got the name Peachpurple?

3. peachpurple profile image83

my son. He likes peach and purple color, nothing else. Hence, I used peachpurple as my username. I prefer blue.

working