jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Do you support the petition of changing the US flag to the color rainbow?

1. profile image55
    Jia yingposted 2 years ago

Do you support the petition of changing the US flag to the color rainbow?

Now that gay marriages are legalized in all states, people are making a petition to change the US flag to rainbow colors. Do you think they are taking it too far or is it a good idea?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12509060_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

Absolutely terrible idea.  Who thought that up?  Not everyone has to personally accept same-sex marriage even though it is the law.  We're talking about Freedom of Speech for Christians--changing the whole flag is a ridiculous idea.  I think this is some kind of joke question, is it not?

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!! The entire nation is not gay therefore this makes no sense. Now if the LGBTQ community would like to buy up a country or an island and create that flag for that country great! Until 100% of the country is gay though this makes no sense!

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

I'm afraid I have to believe this is some sort of twisted joke.......or simply a means to garner more and more attention. 
    If a group seriously started an actual "petition" of this nature and is circulating it expecting to get anywhere, let's face it.....they are a bit crazy, ridiculous and let's not forget  STUPID.

Never ever gonna happen...

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

It's a nice story but it's bogus:

http://m.snopes.com/rainbow-flag-petition/

1. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

and...that's actually a relief Keith.Thanks.I didn't think to check snopes!  U're a good watch dog!  I wouldn't even go so far as to say, "It's a nice story!!"  It's too ludicrous.....(Yes, I know.  Should have been my first clue!)

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My finely tuned B.S. detector went off a few days ago when this story was making the rounds on Facebook, and whenever that happens, Snopes is my first stop...haha

6. Motherbynature profile image75
    Motherbynatureposted 2 years ago

They might as well.  Freedom of religion means nothing in this country anymore.

1. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Quite possible that you are correct.

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago

No.  The colors on the American Flag represent traditional things, such as the blood people shed so that we can have freedom. 
    The US represents many people, not just those who are GLBT.  It seems that everything is suddenly up for grabs this day, and personally, I am sick of it.

If we lose all of our traditions, we lose ourselves.

working