jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Whats more important in a love story? The sincerity of the love, or the passion?

1. Karysmatic profile image56
    Karysmaticposted 7 years ago

Whats more important in a love story? The sincerity of the love, or the passion?

Just wonering which one is best to accentuate on.

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 7 years ago

The love. Why? Because passion can only get you so far, the next morning, you may feel "satisfied" in one way, but completely unsatisfied in the most important way. I highly doubt the people who stay together 60+ years are in it just for the passion.

3. leslie26bb profile image48
    leslie26bbposted 7 years ago

I think the sincerity of love....because once you are sincere with your love, the passion will come naturally...

4. Alayne Fenasci profile image60
    Alayne Fenasciposted 7 years ago

If you are writing a love story, consider whether your characters have a relationship relying more heavily on one or the other, then emphasize that. If you are wanting to write a story that is about love (rather than just plain erotica), make sure not to overemphasize passion.

If you are talking about real life, it's important to remember that in the best relationships, the two usually go hand in hand. Sincerity of love is edified by passion. Don't settle for one without the other.

5. jennshealthstore profile image91
    jennshealthstoreposted 7 years ago

The sincerity of love. Love is unconditional, where as passion can sadly fade. I actually wrote a hub about getting the passion back in a realtionship.. If you are interested feel free to check it out. http://hubpages.com/hub/Love-Rememberin … d-old-days

6. Karysmatic profile image56
    Karysmaticposted 7 years ago

Thanks.. I agre with all of you. But for some reason. It seems like passion is what sells. But I don't believe that passion is an adequate substitute for the real deal when it comes to love. Passion is just an addition to the qualities of Real love.

7. Ladybythelake55 profile image58
    Ladybythelake55posted 7 years ago

The love is more important in a love story. Passion comes and goes but love remains constant.

working