jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do we need a semi colon when talking about a possessive item, it's not a con

1. profile image46
    missc1113posted 7 years ago

Why do we need a semi colon when talking about a possessive item, it's not a contraction.

Example, Jenny's store. It's not Jenny is store?

2. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Who are you?  How come you join hubpages and then first thing you do is ask a question?  I wonder about these kind of questions that seem to come all the time from people who have been members here for only a few minutes, have no hubs, no followers, and no profile.   
    What is your deal?

BTW you are asking about an apostrophe not a semi-colon.

3. profile image46
    missc1113posted 7 years ago

Um sorry if I offended you Mr. guy, but I googled a question, it led me to this page and I noticed the the right of my screen there was a spot where you can "Ask A Question". I didn't know you had to be a V.I.P member to ask a simple question. So sorry that I took up so much of your time. Why are you so offended/offensive?? I've always wondered these types of questions and figured a few friendly intelligent people could answer them for me. Sorry I am running on few hours of sleep and forgot what it was called momentarily.

4. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

The fact is that it is a contraction of sorts.

The full way of saying it would be "The store belonging to Jenny", but in our modern language, we write it as "Jenny's store".

working