jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What interests a reader in 2010?

1. eculligan profile image76
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

What interests a reader in 2010?

It can be anything

2. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

Vampires. HAHAHA.

I am only kidding. I would say honesty, down to earth simplicity, lamen's terms, truth about something, a different outlook on something, ways to make things easier/more beautiful/better.....I mean I am only one reader. Everyone looks for different aspects in what they read.

3. Shae1194 profile image53
    Shae1194posted 7 years ago

Fantasy, something that really inspires you to go pick up some kind of weapon and throw it at someone... but it must have a little bit of romances.

4. jdomingo profile image61
    jdomingoposted 7 years ago

knowledge Give me knowledge usable knowledge in your article, hub, blog post, wrinkled up napkin and I will read it.  Don't give me details on what celebs are eating I really don't care just give me something I can think on and use at a later date and you have my undivided....oooo an owl.

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

I think today's readers want the same as readers from the 19th century. They want quality and a topic that fits their particular taste. The only condition would be that the author uses a contemporary idiom.

6. Tom_Radford profile image60
    Tom_Radfordposted 7 years ago

Depends what you mean by 'interests'. If you're talking about Fiction then Hanna's answer about Vampires is spot on, they're big at the moment. If you want to get revenue from your writing...you need to wirte something useful. What would you look for on google? What questions do you want answered? (apart from this one of course) ...  Those are the things that people want to read. Reviews are good though ... why not write a review of a book you've read?

7. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 7 years ago

In a word, Transportation.  Regardless of genre, any reader wants to be completely swept up in whatever book they've picked up, to such a point that they can actually forget about carpools, business lunches, office politics, and play dates for the kids.  For that twenty minutes or half an hour that they have allotted to themselves for reading, they want to be completely removed from their reality, and firmly placed in yours.  Give them that, and you will have readers for as long as you can manage to put words on paper.

Closed to reply