jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What kind of music do you like to listen to while you're writing?

1. lrohner profile image80
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

What kind of music do you like to listen to while you're writing?

2. gulnazahmad profile image61
    gulnazahmadposted 7 years ago

While I am writing I prefer not to listen to any song but if I am too much interested in listening to any one at that time I would love to listen soft melodious ones. But human being can give attention to one task at a time, when you are too much involved in writing you unconsciously ignore the sounds that are reaching your ears. That is what I think....

3. kazemaru2 profile image55
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

electropop and dance music basically anything lady gaga

4. chgdesigngirl profile image85
    chgdesigngirlposted 7 years ago

If I listen to anything at all, which usually I don't, then I prefer to listen to soft jazz melodies. It is very soothing as opposed to jangled and nerve jarring. Although it could depend on what you are writing since different music has different moods and spirits. It would depend on what you are trying to portray in your writing. But as for this gal, soft and easy melodic sounds or better yet the sound of silence, yea, I'm liking the silence!

5. krishubpages123 profile image32
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

I like to hear jazz musics when I write, it does not disturb you that much like pop, rock etc.,

6. Beege215e profile image66
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

I can put on any kind of music when I write.  I have a very eclectic taste and I like a wide variety of music.  But it doesn’t matter what kind I put on while I write because when I am immersed in my work I don’t really hear the music.  It is background to the thoughts running around inside my head that I am trying to get on paper. 
    Although I suppose that if I stop for a moment, I could say that somehow that music may have some influence on what I write.  If it is happy music perhaps I write happier words. If it is melancholy music I might be writing something more thoughtful.  And how about classical music for a wordier paper; using more profundity while Stravinsky is playing?   Even though I don’t actually hear the music doesn’t it  infuse my thinking on some deeper level?

7. mcrawford76 profile image81
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

For me it depends on what i'm writing. One of my favorite sites is playlist.com, I've created multiple playlists for my different moods, or to set different moods. My most frequented is my "evil playlist" for my horror stories. Other times I just like silence so I can let my mind wander.

8. Dawit T profile image76
    Dawit Tposted 6 years ago

I don't listen at all when I'm writing, but if I would choose anything it would probably  be smooth jazz since it really helps me relax and just enjoy those unusual chord progressions(compared to pop music)

working