jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you have a favorite novelist?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image83
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Do you have a favorite novelist?

2. kazemaru2 profile image56
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

neil gaiman as he mixes genres in a elaborate manner.

3. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

James Lee Burke is one of the best living novelist.

4. Powerful Pierre profile image78
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

C S Lewis would be my favorite followed by Lewis Carroll. I used to think they were the same guy too. LOL  See ya

5. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

It wavers for me, between Phillip K. Dick (science fiction), John Grisham (legal fiction), the late Mario Puzo (literary crime novelist), and Elmore Leonard (crime novelist). These are my favorites because of the way they deftly handle language. What moves me is the way they say what they say, as much as what they say. You know what I mean?

6. Andrew C. profile image57
    Andrew C.posted 7 years ago

J.R.R. Tolkien, without a doubt. Tolkien's ability to create his own world (Middle Earth) - complete with histories, languages, races, etc. - and seamlessly incorporate it into his works is astounding. I would have to give a nod to C.S. Lewis as well though.

7. Wayne Tilden profile image59
    Wayne Tildenposted 7 years ago

Obviously (?) my favorites would be J.R.R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis. However, my favorite contempory novelist would be Frank Perretti.

8. Anaya M. Baker profile image84
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 7 years ago

Margaret Atwood - I love her writing style and voice, plus she always sucks me right into the story. Tom Robbins is a close second though!