jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How competitive is my area of writing? I write about parenting and child-rearing

1. Emilyki profile image56
    Emilykiposted 7 years ago

How competitive is my area of writing? I write about parenting and child-rearing. Can I make it?

In my professional life I have written a lot about kids' activities, toys, and family. It's an area I know well and as a freelancer I would like to continue with this topic. I do realize there are a lot of "mommy bloggers" out there and a lot of corporate sites who have much better ranking in search results. Is it too competitive? My "unique" angle is on raising bilingual children, recipes, menus and local activities. I worked for many of the major corporations myself so I the kind of content that's popular with readers. Is it better to be broad in my topic or very specific and expert.

2. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't hesitate to give it a go.Seems like great ideas for a hubs to me.

3. RobertAllenSavage profile image61
    RobertAllenSavageposted 7 years ago

I would go with a "niche" find an area of parenting that is popular and develop a unique train of thought on that topic. Find cutting edge trends, new research, stay ahead of the game. In a country that is such a mixing pot I would suggest writing on the cultural differences of the family unit. That is what I would do, but then again I am not you.

4. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 7 years ago

I read once that having a topic that is heavily covered guarantees that you will have more people looking for information. IMHO, each parent lends something new to the mix, as no two parents are exactly alike in how they approach parenting. Go for it!

5. vox vocis profile image83
    vox vocisposted 7 years ago

I believe you can make it if you write high quality hubs. Surprisingly, my own hub on the topic has the best traffic in the last few days :-) I like the topic and am quite interested in those raising bilingual children.

working