jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you feel that your creative ideas are protected in hubpages?

1. Romian1 profile image76
    Romian1posted 7 years ago

Do you feel that your creative ideas are protected in hubpages?

Thanks for being a follower.  I didn't know that people can also write online novels in hubpages.  Why did you choose to write your novel here?

2. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

To an extent, yes, i feel that they are protected but then again today anything and everything risks being copied.

The reason I express myself here is because I do not have the right resources (read billions of dollars) to get a book marketed and sold after publishing... When I was 13, I did publish a book but it is all about knowing the right people and how much money are you willing to give them.

There is barely a market for book readers in Pakistan and publishing houses prefer to publish people who will give them Millions.

Hub pages gives me an unbiased outlet, where people choose to read my material because they want to and not because they have their own personal benefit attached.

3. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

They are my thoughts, protected by me.  HubPages respects that.

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

In a word..."No".  Intellectual property once displayed in the public domain is exposed to the threat of plaguerism day in and day out.  The Internet has only increased that threat.  The same holds true with Patents...on the one hand it becomes a way to protect yourself by filing one but at the same time it places the invention into the visible public domain and raises the threat of copycats.  I am not sure there is much that HubPages can do to effectively protect all that is presented here.  It comes down to a sense on honesty...locks are for the honest people...the dishonest ones will only break them. WB

5. Maria Cecilia profile image72
    Maria Ceciliaposted 7 years ago

though I don't write novel yet, I realized I am not too conscious of that possibility..

working