How do I start a poetry writing class? I have formulated a process for the clas

1. Storytellersrus profile image77
    Storytellersrusposted 7 years ago

How do I start a poetry writing class?  I have formulated a process for the class but have no...

I have formulated a process to help students write poetry but have no idea how to find participants!

2. nighthag profile image83
    nighthagposted 7 years ago

if its a online course, Advertise on facebook, hubs, social pages galore, give a deadline and keep it for enrollments..

if its a face to face course, advertise at your local everything...
    supermarkets, school newsletter, local collages, paper, gas station etc everywhere!

Contact your local college and see if they would interested in running your course with you...another great option would be your local library, they may be able to help with venue and advertising your course...

Go nuts is my advice, everywhere people gather get the word out! without advertising no one will know about what you are offering..Good Luck!

3. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

Visit your nearest university and walk into the English Department. They might have good ideas for you there. Even highschools would be a good place although I am not sure how many highschool kids are ready for a poetry lesson.
    Word of mouth is the best kind of advertisment in my opinion (perhaps because I often have a big mouth and can get quite vocal lol) Is this online or would students have to come to you?