jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

Have you fallen completely in love with poetry writing? how or why?

1. Poetic Ink profile image61
    Poetic Inkposted 5 years ago

Have you fallen completely in love with poetry writing? how or why?

Writing a hub in conjunction with this question, and as an answer would be truly awesome indeed.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7623814_f260.jpg

2. bizarrett81 profile image69
    bizarrett81posted 5 years ago

When I was a young girl, probably around six or seven, my grandmother taught me about poetry, how to tell a story with words, rhyming, etc. I fell in love immediately and have been writing poetry ever since!!! I've always loved the written word, and I've always loved music, and poetry can sound so lyrical and beautiful, and that is why I love it.  It can convey moods and paint pictures and bring emotions out of a reader.  The right poem can slide off the tongue and bring goosebumps to the skin.  I have never had an outlet for my poetry before Hubpages, and I am so glad I found it and the wonderful poets on here to share with!

1. Emanate Presence profile image75
      Emanate Presenceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wonderfully well said.

2. wayne barrett profile image73
      wayne barrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So glad you have turned me on to the site. I'm addicted.

3. wayne barrett profile image73
    wayne barrettposted 5 years ago

The great, Neil Young, once said, "I know that most of you don't understand" But from the words of an unknown psychedelic's offspring, I can, Who as a child sat in purple closet shadows... read more

4. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years ago

While I always found poetry interesting, it was not until my master's program in English that I truly developed a love for it. It was the first time I had saw a man teaching a whole seminar on poetry. The way he read the words and offered his own insight was inspiring. He was also the first one to explain that there is not some magical meaning to poems that everyone else knows and you just do not get. You have to construct your own meaning. There was not true right or wrong as long as your response was supported by the techniques used by the poet.

His explanation probably opened a whole new world for you and many.

5. Emanate Presence profile image75
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

Poetry, the language of the heart, opens oneself to the music of the spheres.

Through real poetry the nectar of our immortal being nourishes each of our human cells. read more

1. profile image0
      Moeskyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Feel I know you even better now through your poems. Really looking forward to meeting up.

2. Emanate Presence profile image75

Same here!

6. wildove5 profile image75
    wildove5posted 5 years ago

My love for writing poetry started in high school and ended there for years.  I wrote my first poem as an adult in 2005 at the age of 41 after my mother suffered a massive stroke.  I was devastated, she was paralyzed and couldn't speak a word. After a stroke all you can do is wait, wait for the brain to give back what it wants.  The waiting was horrible and left me feeling helpless.  So, I decided to write.  I wasn't sure what I would write at first, so with pen to paper I wrote this:
    We lost a piece of you one night,
    god has it with him and he's holding you tight.
    We pray to him to protect you with care,
    In hopes that your voice we'll all soon hear.
    We long for you to walk and speak.
    In our prayers this we keep.
    If it is god's plan to keep you this way,
    we will get through it each passing day.
    But I believe he has other plans,
    so don't you worry he's holding our hands.
    For each time you smile you light up our hearts,
    we know you'll work hard to do your part.
    We will be with you every step of the way,
    and look forward to talking soon one day.

1. wayne barrett profile image73
      wayne barrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful piece and brings back memories for me as well, for I have also lost someone I loved to a stroke. Thumbs up!

2. Emanate Presence profile image75

A heartfelt expression. Thanks for sharing!

3. bizarrett81 profile image69
      bizarrett81posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is very beautiful and I think you did a wonderful job for not writing for so many years...

7. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image87
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 5 years ago

I've loved poetry for a very long time. Since I was a child and my love affair with poetry just goes on and on.

8. ambercita04 profile image82
    ambercita04posted 5 years ago

poetry is a form of emotion - raw emotion that is written in a way that anyone can connect to and relate to in someway. I have been writing poetry since I was little. I have even taught poetry and coached a poetry slam group.

anyone can write poetry. sometimes I write in diary form and then take the emotion within the diary and write a poem to reflect it.

other times I place myself in a friend's shoes and write a poem reflecting on their emotion.

anyway, I love poetry because it is a positive outlit to release emotion or experience someone else's life experience.

9. kaiyan717 profile image78
    kaiyan717posted 5 years ago

I have been writing poetry since I was a child and to me it was an outlet.  Nowadays, the words just kind of start flowing and I just right it down.  I love that you can express so much, in such a short amount of words.

10. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 5 years ago

I am a songwriter...then I discovered "storytelling" last year, and realised that as a songwriter I am also a storyteller. And then I discovered "spoken word poetry"...and it seemed that I'd found the link that bonded my whole being. Song, story, poem. And my songs are poems and my poems are stories and my stories are life. Poetry has completed me - shown me the way back to the essence.

How well you weave together the threads!

working