jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

True or false: "The love you are is the love you will receive."

1. jay2jay profile image61
    jay2jayposted 7 years ago

True or false: "The love you are is the love you will receive."

Do you think that the kind of love that you give to yourself is the kind you will offer to someone? Love is strange and sometimes we are not conscious of it. Some of us give in to love while others refuse to be loved anyone. Do you think that love is something we should all have in our hearts no matter what? That's the reason why the world is how it is right now. We just don't love enough. Until we learn how to do so, then we can truly say that we are making an effort to change the world for the better. Everyone of us has a purpose in life and we have to find it.

2. AcousticTiff profile image59
    AcousticTiffposted 7 years ago

I believe you do have to love yourself before you love someone else. How can you love someone else when the thought of you loving yourself is unbearable. For example, I don't love myself and it has caused a lot of trust issues in my past relationships. Your insecurities get the best of you and you project them onto your partner. To answer another on of your questions, yes, I do think that everyone should experience love. Love may give you a number of emotions, but the one emotion it gives you is indescribable, something you've never felt before.

3. Drucker profile image57
    Druckerposted 7 years ago

For sure that´s true, we have to love ourselfs to know how to love others. That isn´t always easy, because the society produce an image that, we should be like the celebraties and make people think that they aren´t good enough.

4. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 7 years ago

Hmm... for me, I detest myself but I love a woman so much I'd do anything for her. So, the concept of having to love ones self first before you can love another doesn't run true with me.

5. Nikkij504gurl profile image77
    Nikkij504gurlposted 6 years ago

You can hate yourself and still love someone else no problem, but how can you ever expect someone to love you, if you cant even love yourself? The love you give is not always the love you receive and that goes for the love you have towards someone else, in my experience, that person doesnt always feel the same.

working