jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

Just curious, how many books do you read per year?

1. jantamaya profile image75
    jantamayaposted 7 years ago

Just curious, how many books do you read per year?

2. DouglasTull profile image60
    DouglasTullposted 7 years ago

It can vary anywhere from 20 to 40 just depending.

3. brit8741 profile image59
    brit8741posted 7 years ago

I would say about 50. One book every week or so.

4. W. K. Hayes profile image93
    W. K. Hayesposted 7 years ago

As many as I can write...usually seven or eight per year depending on the subject matter. LOL

5. runrchic1 profile image69
    runrchic1posted 7 years ago

I read about two books per week, so a little over a hundred.

6. jenesmith01 profile image60
    jenesmith01posted 7 years ago

usually between 5 and 10...i don't have a lot of time to read so it takes me awhile to get threw a book

7. The Farmers Wife profile image59
    The Farmers Wifeposted 7 years ago

As many as I can get my hands on! There is not much English reading material available here so us readers are reliant on kindly tourists and their abandoned holiday reads :-)

8. sturner1 profile image64
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

Between 30 and 50. Now that I have a toddler, I'm sure that number is going to skyrocket to 100-150.....do bed time stories count smile

9. radiokoala profile image43
    radiokoalaposted 7 years ago

42 (it's funny how result of my calculations matched an answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything).

10. amesplaza profile image68
    amesplazaposted 7 years ago

Right now, I'm an english major at university so i read a lot. I have probably 20-25 books this semester alone, so I read a lot. For pleasure, I can usually read a good ten books over summer because I'm really burnt out after semesters of constant reading.

11. Rastamermaid profile image72
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

For pleasure 20-30 a year,for school add another 10, not text books but additional books that are required reading.

12. Vaiebhav profile image86
    Vaiebhavposted 7 years ago

Since I am a writer and consultant, my profession requires me to read plenty of books. I read over 150 books a year. Of course, sometimes I don't finish all of them, sometimes I scheme through them. But I make sure I take notes from each book that I lay my hands on.

13. What Is Q profile image79
    What Is Qposted 7 years ago

I've read a lot of books, loved to read books, and stopped the day I decided to write a book, myself.  I haven't even read a book in the past 8 years that wasn't required reading.  I hate that about myself.  Cheers to the people who still read and keep writers employed.

14. kmcmichael profile image67
    kmcmichaelposted 7 years ago

I read 45 last year. I hope to read more this year, but I'm not off to a stellar start...

15. jantamaya profile image75
    jantamayaposted 7 years ago

I'm very happy to meet so many great readers on HubPages and I'm very proud of you.
    I for myself, read sometomes three or four books at the same time and los the count.... I wish it would be fifty, but I'm affraid it's only something around tweny.

16. qwidjib0 profile image64
    qwidjib0posted 7 years ago

Two, if I'm lucky.  Afraid the Internet's consumed my brain.

17. legallchew profile image55
    legallchewposted 7 years ago

for 2010, i read 5 non school books and 4 school books. big_smile

18. sumitparihar profile image36
    sumitpariharposted 7 years ago

I love reading books ..I have no corret idea but more than 10 apart from my study books.....

Closed to reply