jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many books do you read about the history of Islam?

1. hakimbao profile image63
    hakimbaoposted 3 years ago

How many books do you read about the history of Islam?

many people think Islam is a terrorist. do they really know what is Islam? therefore, on this occasion I want to ask you one thing.

2. MercCipher profile image61
    MercCipherposted 3 years ago

Aside from the brief articles in my history classes regarding Islam...none. Nothing against Islam it's just not a country I read about.

3. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

I've read a few pamphlets that were given to me by Muslims. I'm a Christian, but one thing I like about Muslims is they're not politically correct. They just say what they believe how it is, no sugar coating.

There are different types of Muslims. Some are terrorists and some are not. It's sad that we like to focus on negative things like the minority of Muslims that like to blow things up. Muslims believe most of the teachings in The Bible. "love your enemies" is in The Bible. "Thou shalt not kill" is in The Bible. Even the Qur'an says you don't have to attack your enemies.

4. RachelSmith1990 profile image60
    RachelSmith1990posted 3 years ago

I personally haven't read anything on Islam recently. What I am aware of though is that Islam means peace. They have those who take their religion to the extreme as do most religions.
    When I was trying to find my religious self I did a lot of religious research and what I couldn't answer some how my father always had an answer for me. That is particularly how I learned that Islam means peace.

working