Subject Lines in Emails - I believe you should capitalize the first, last and an

1. profile image47
    Marla Bixlerposted 7 years ago

Subject Lines in Emails - I believe you should capitalize the first, last and any important...

words, correct?

2. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

Well, I write at suite101 and I have about 10 editors, so who knows.  There is more than one way to write something in "title case".

As I understand it (and I make it up as I go in life), you would normally capitalize the first, last, and all words that are not short three letter words (or less) like: in, the, and, you know those little words that I can't remember what they're called.

At Suite101, they make us capitalize four-letter words such as: "With" & "From" even though that is not what I was taught as a tot.  I know that there are different types of "title case" so just pick one and be consistent.  Now, here's my question...what about capitalizing verbs like "is"?  I was taught not to capitalize "is" but I've read that you should.

However, we have a forum on the other website and a lot of this depends upon whether you are British or from the states.  Not sure if I've helped or made things worse.

working